Recent Posts

Monday, January 11, 2010

WBM Features: Tah Mac

Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude.
-Ralph Marston

How many people can say there music has gone international? Straight out of Brooklyn, Tah Mac is an artist on the rise. His debut album has already gold over seas. His music is catching on globally as well as his popularity in the U.S is moving rapidly.

He grew up surrounded by the sounds of Hip Hop legends, started to learn production techniques at the age of 15 and worked as a producer for both signed and unsigned talent in America and the U.K. By working overseas, he was able to create a global sound that's represented in his music.

Take a minute and get to know Tah Mac.


[As Told To Why Blue Matters]




So let us get to know you, the real you...

TM: My Name is Tah Mac I’m a producer/Artist from Brooklyn New York whom is internationally known.

So what’s your birth name?


TM: My birth name is Tah McIntosh.


What’s the difference between the real you and your stage persona?


TM: The difference between the real me, and my stage persona, is I am a interactive machine of musical entertainment that connects with my audience. I have been told that I can appear intimidating, but in person I am a charismatic person that is a very grounded and approachable human being who loves life.
How long have you been in the game?

TM: Professionally 12 years

What’s your greatest accomplishment so far in life?

TM: My greatest accomplishment in life so far (despite producing various number #1 hit singles across the globe) is having my current debut album go gold overseas in the UK and Europe since my “Welcome 2 Tahland” album release in March 2009.

Tell me a little bit about yourself:

Interest(s)?

TM: Traveling the globe, reading, meeting various people from different walks of life.

What's your ultimate goal in life?

TM: My Ultimate goal is being able to consistently tour for the next 3 years on a global tour where I am able to touch various lives from all walks of life.

What do you like most about being in the business?

TM: Presently I have my own label deal through Absolute/Universal Music Group UK, and having the freedom to be able to not have to answer to anyone, is great (as long as my priorities are in order) to meet various deadlines ahead of time.

What's the thought process behind your works?

TM: The thought process behind my work is being able to remain in my own lane musically, and to continue to challenge myself consistently.

What inspires and motivates you?

TM: What inspires and motivates me is the responsibility of knowing that there are people who are inspired by what I do.

How was life changed for you since being you started?

TM: I started in the game young, and feel blessed that I was able to gain a lot of knowledge from all different sides of the business at an early age. Fast forward to 2010, having years of overseas travels under my belt, I learned to break out from the normm and let go of the fear of doing certain things to please others musically.

What would you be doing now, if you never started doing music?


TM: I’m really not sure, I am just very fortunate to be doing what I am doing now.

What are you listening to in your ipod these days?

TM: I am currently listening to Sam Sparro as well as a collective of forthcoming material by Tony Deniro and the fireplace fam.

What are you currently working on?

TM: I am currently preparing for my “Welcome to Tahland” live tour that begins overseas in the UK and Europe in Feb 2010, as well as working on a new EP with my man Tony Deniro.


Does any negativity from the media ever affect you in anyway?

TM: No not really.


Any advice for those looking to pursue their dreams?

TM: Stay positive and always be on your toes about your business.

What do you want to be remembered by?


TM: I would like to be remembered by being a young hard working man from Brooklyn, who was able to “Give Back” to all walks of life in a major way from his various musical contributions.

Anything else you would like the world to know about you?

TM: I would like people in the world to know that I am dedicated to developing a futuristic sound (and style) of music, that I hope people will be able to relate to. I am not following the trends of other commercial artists, and I hope you all will support my movement and musical innovation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment