Recent Posts

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

WBM Features: Amber Ojeda

Integrity is the essence of everything successful.
-Richard Buckminster Fuller


Music for as long as I can remember has always been medicine to the soul. Whether it's the sounds of r&b, hip hop, rock, or an uptempo pop track, you can find me listening to something good for the soul. Well one day while spending some time on MySpace, I happened to come across an absolutely phenomenal artist from California that absolutely shook my musical world up.

This artist that I speak of is no other than lovely, sultry, and extremely talented, Amber Ojeda. With a sound that's along the lines of neo-soul fused with Jazz, Amber delivers music like no other. Her talent creates room her and not only opens doors but opens minds and hearts as well.

In between gigs, Why Blue Matters was able to catch up with Amber Ojeda. Here's what she had to share with us.




[As Told To Why Blue Matters]






So tell me a little bit about yourself:


My name is Amber Ojeda. I am a singer songwriter from San Diego. I have been chasing my dream seriously for the past 3 years and have been lucky enough to find myself surrounded by a group of amazing musicians that really believe in me and what I am trying to accomplish.

Interest(s)?


Aside from the obvious I am really into cooking! If I am stressed or upset in anyway I always find refuge in the kitchen. It is an art in itself : )

What do you like most about being a singer/songwriter?

I would have to say the biggest upside for me is to have a platform to honestly share all that I am going through. It is such an amazing thing to find people who connect with what you are saying and find comfort in your songs. Not saying everything I write is prolific by any means... but very human and very honest. In a way it’s the best form of therapy for me.

What inspires and motivates you?

Life, love, fear... the human condition.

How long have you been involved in music?

All my life, but it really grabbed hold of me in elementary school.

Where do you see yourself 5 yrs from now?


Hmmm.... touring Europe I hope! Time to travel. I feel it in my bones!

Any future projects?

I am in the midst of a few collaborations as we speak. Mainly writing for some phenomenal rappers. New material should be released in the next 3 months or so. Stay tuned in!

Any advice for those looking to pursue their musical endeavors?


It’s cliche BUT it’s the truth. Be yourself. At the end of the day you truly have to respect the choices you made and follow through. Life is based on merit people and no one likes a flake.


For More On Amber Ojeda:
http://www.amberojedamusic.com
http://www.twitter.com/amberojeda
http://www.myspace.com/amberojeda

0 comments:

Post a Comment