Recent Posts

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

WBM Features: Erika Rose



Ability is what you're capable of doing.
Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
-Lou Holtz

Smart, beautiful, extremely talented, creative, multi-faceted, and wise beyond her years amongst other phenomenal things is the lovely, while at the same time refreshing Singer/Songwriter and Grammy Award Winner from New York, Erika Rose.

With some time to share, Erika invites WBM into her life, her mind, her heart and her world. Come take a closer look as we commune with Erika in her RoseGarden.


[As Told To Why Blue Matters]



So tell me a little bit about yourself: Interest(s)?

ER: I am a woman of many interests, a lover of life, on the constant quest for truth. I love learning, reading, exploring. I love art in all forms. I am a highly ambitious entrepreneur and love the challenge of building something from scratch and getting it off the ground. I am a healer, holistic health counselor, and clairvoyant. I love to meditate, work out, be in nature, laugh with my friends, be with my family, paint, play golf, horseback ride, and travel. (That just felt like an entry on match.com....lmao)

What can you most attribute your musical ability to?

ER: I guess the honest, yet most cliche, answer would be that it is God given to start, as is with any talent any of us are given. I was fortunate to be raised in a home where music was prevalent, I studied piano, went to college for music and my uncle was a world renowned percussionist. When no one else believed I could, he did. He was my biggest supporter and fan, and I miss him dearly.

What do you like most about being a singer/songwriter?

ER: It's an open forum to creatively express anything I think, feel, see, and intuit. And I love the opportunity it creates for connection with a massive amount of people from various backgrounds all around the world, as music is the universal language.


What's the thought process behind your works?
...from personal experience?
...mere creativity?

ER: Less thought process more surrender and flow....too much thinking gets in the way....without a vehicle to express my creativity I would virtually shrivel up, and it is my personal experience that colors all that I write about.

What inspires and motivates you?

ER: Life, and wanting to make each moment count for something.

How long have you been involved in music?

ER: In music since I was born, piano began at 3, singing began when I could talk. As for writing songs I started late actually at 16, I co wrote "A Woman's Worth" when I was 18.

Any future projects?

ER: Yes I am working on my next record now, and I am always committed to my work with Keep A Child Alive (www.keepachildalive.com)

What would you do if you weren't involved in music?

ER: Music isn't what defines me, it is simply what sustains my heart and soul. But I am a woman of heart, mind, body, and soul.....and so I am already involved in many other endeavors that speak to all that I am.

What type of impact would you like to leave?

ER: I'd like to leave a legacy through innovative and truthful art, loving kindness to all, social healing, and inspiring business.

Any advice for those looking to pursue their musical endeavors?
...for vocalists?
...for lyricists?


ER: It's hard work, lots of naysayers, and jaded dream killers, so know your craft inside and out, be the best at what you do, play an instrument, take vocal lessons, and know the business, know the business, KNOW the Business!!!! With the internet the opportunities are endless, it's easier than its ever been to reach the masses without a label, be creative, create great music, great content, generate a buzz, distribute digitally, and get it poppin'.;-)

Thanks for the love A.L.

For More On Erika Rose:
http://www.erikarose.com/
www.myspace.com/ErikaRosegarden
www.youtube.com/ErikaRosegarden

0 comments:

Post a Comment