Recent Posts

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

WBM Features: Legends Live Forever

The legacy we leave is not just in our possession but in the quality of our lives.
-Billy Graham




Legends Live Forever..!!!

With None Like Us so None Like Us the new mixtape by Legends Live forever out now, we get to hear a new breed of MC's rising up from the west coast. Let's get to know 1 part of the group Anthony Richie a.k.a Legendary Tone/Lyrical Tone. A true survivor, taking negativity and turning into positivity. Always keeping his head up and not letting his past interfere with his present nor future.

Take a minute and get to know this gifted and talented MC.



[As Told To Why Blue Matters]



So what's your birth name? What's the difference between the real you and your stage persona?

Anthony Richie is my birth name. My Stage persona's are Lyrical Tone and Legendary Tone. Lyrical Tone is more of the clever side of me and witty side not scared to say something similar to Kanye when he has outbursts lol. Legendary Tone is my 2pac "Keep Your Head Up" or "Dear Mama" side, my conscious side.

How long have you been in the game?

I've been rapping since I was little but only got serious about this rap game in 2005 when 2 of my group members went to jail. I realized that the route is was going was down, 6 feet underground, I had to change up for my family and for my two brothers locked up.

What's your greatest accomplishment so far in life?

Everyday I wake up is an accomplishment honestly. I come from the bay area it's a war zone out here but hey as you can see i am a real humble person because of my enviorment and I cherish everything. I was raised by my grandparents. i understand how fortunate i am to be here.

Tell me a little bit about yourself: Im 24 from San Francisco. Black and Puerto Rican. Mom just got out of drug rehab and has been clean for some months and is in the hospital fighting for her life everyday and my dad is in prision i havent seen him for years. I'm just trying to make it. thats who i am. Triumph over tragedy and Turning Dreams into Reality is what Describes my movement.

Interest(s)? I'm always intrested in good music. I love music where u can FEEL where the person is coming from. I love watching the history channel. I love sports. The comradery of the sports really amazes me. I love making music and making people move.

What's your ultimate goal in life?

I want to bring light on the situations that effect us in this world such as poverty, and why are so many Blacks, and Latino's locked up or Dead. Its a problem in this world. I want to be a role model and show the world. "look this is what youve made" so lets fix it. I never say this rapping wont work. Believe me it will work if you WANT it to happen. You can be anything and YOU can do anything.

What do you like most about being in the business?

I like the talent and meeting more people who share the same passion or who have more passion then you. its all motivation for me.

What's the thought process behind your works?... from personal experience? ...mere creativity?

Personal experience is what i rap about...I have been thru alot in my life. So I take people I know or my own situations and I make them into songs and think of clever ways to say them. My group would call me the more conscious one.

What inspires and motivates you?

If you have it and I dont have it then I want it and I will get it. Simple as that. I want to be everywhere and on everything. You can call me whorish. lol. But really...I want to be the best. simple and plain, and to be the best you have to prove your the best you can't sit and wait around.





How was life changed for you since being you started?

I get into clubs free. lol. My face is more everywhere now so I have to make the right choices. I can't just act I always have to think first now. More cautious now.

What would you be doing now, if you never started doing music?

More then likely...finished with school with to BA in history and on my way to becoming a teacher. The more you know is the more you owe.

What are you listening to in your ipod these days?...why?

I've been listening to alot of Corinne Bailey Rae lately. She lost her husband recently. I can hear the pain in her voice and feel her emotions in the songs she sings. When an artist can do that for you its a beautiful thing and truly a gift.

What has been your favorite job you've done so far?

Performed at hot import nights in front of thousands. Big experience. We did our thing and left our mark on peoples minds.





Legends Live Forever ft. Big Rich -You Already Know (Official Music Video)



Does any negativity from the media ever affect you in anyway?

I dont listen to any of that stuff. I stay in my lane. I'm not easily influenced.

Any advice for those looking to pursue their dreams?

Stop Trying and Just DO IT. nothing is going to come to you easy. Think about how do YOU really want this fame? i know i WANT it so thats the goal.

What do you want to be remembered by?

For the Hard work I've put in. EverydayI wake up I think of more ways to get ahead...it's hard sleeping nowadays because I feel like every hour can be spent perfecting the music.

Anything else you would like the world to know about you?

Legends Live Forever. Google us. Shout out to the rest of my group memebers Troy, DB, and Rosario. 2010 is ours. Simple as that.

Thanks for adding more significance to Why Blue Matters

For more on Legends Live Forever:
http://legendsliveforever1.blogspot.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment