Recent Posts

Thursday, January 7, 2010

WBM Features: Dj Famous

Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
-James Dean



A well known DJ in Northern Cali, FAMOUS has been able to capitavite his audience and keep them wanting more. He works at KBMB 103.5 and also hosts the show 80 WEST RADIO.

Why Blue Matters wants to show him some love, he's celebrating a birthday real soon. FAMOUS has a slick sense of humor and is very sarcastic. If you want a good laugh check out his twitter page www.twitter.com/hesofamous. There's a lot that you don't know about him,that you'd be interested in knowing, so take a minute and get to know him..



[As Told To Why Blue Matters]



First of all I'd like to say thank you for the opportunity to chat with you but as for my birthday I'm not doing too much just relaxing an having a few friends and family over my house for dinner.

Are you also working on any current projects you would like to talk about?
Here is your chance to vent...

Well my life is a project, I'm always working. Currently a lot of my focus within radio is 80 West Radio. Nikia and I work as much as possible to get the word out about the show. Remember you can listen in on Sunday's from 8pm till 10pm on 103.5 in Sacramento, listen on-line at 1035thebomb.com, or simply just go to our website which is www.80westradio.com.

Lets start off with whats your birth name?

Hahaha. I tell people my name is Famesen but my birth name is LaHaven.

Whats the difference between the real you and your on air persona?

There is no difference. Persona's are lies I am a personality what you hear on air an various social networks I am the exact same in person.

How long have you been in the game?

I have been in radio since 2002/2003

What's your greatest accomplishment so far in life?

That's an easy one my life's greatest accomplishments come in the form of my 2 daughters Brooklynn & Brianna being able to be a father is a reward everyday.

Tell me a little bit about yourself:
Interest(s)?

I like to read, write, think, watch movies, learn, and work (yes work my job is fun).


What do you like most about being in the business?



The thing I like the most about this business is also a double edge sword lol but I like the attention that comes with it...it always puts a smile on my face an a listener says "you are so funny" that's a high for me.


What's the thought process behind your works?

...from personal experience?
...mere creativity?

I'm always thinking of ways to recreate the circle, i try to keep an open mind. I believe in being a true and honest person...people can smell bs a mile away. When it comes to being creative I'm also a competitor I try to out do myself every time and I ask for criticism on my works.


What inspires and motivates you?


Besides the paycheck? lol. my life is my inspiration and motivation I inspire to do better period whether its at home, work, or my community. I was raised to put my best foot forward an that your works will speak for you.

How was life changed for you since being you started?


Hahaha. I don't have to wait in lines like i use to even though i wait in lines sometimes just to chat with people.

What would you be doing now, if you never started being a dj?


When I started working in radio i was also working as a medical assistant at UC Davis Medical Center...so I would probably still be doing something in that field.

What are you listening to in your iPod these days?
...why?

I don't own a iPod lol but the music that I listen to is mainly from Northern California artist and Jay-Z. I love the sound that Cali has and that's what I grew up on. As for Jay-Z I love his word play and what he puts into his music.


What has been your favorite job you've done so far?

Besides working at 103.5 the Bomb it would have to be working at a record store back in 1999.


Does any negativity from the media ever affect you in anyway?


Not really i am very optimistic i believe in every negative situation something positive will come out of it. My hardships can be the air in someone else's sail.

Any advice for those looking to pursue their dreams?

Work hard towards what you want, don't be easily discouraged, and realize that all of your hardships will eventually be your testimony.


What do you want to be remembered by?


A friend, hardworker, dreamer, a do'er and a go getter.


Anything else you would like the world to know about you?


Thank you for being you and taking the time to find out a little about me, and I am the twitter picture king you can peep them and my hilarious tweets/rants at www.twitter.com/HesoFamous


For More On Dj Famous:
http://www.myspace.com/FamousOnTheRadio
http://www.twitter.com/HesoFamous
http://www.80westradio.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment