Recent Posts

Sunday, January 3, 2010

WBM Features: Artikya

Today you are YOU, that is truer than true. There is no one alive that is youer than YOU.
-Dr. Seuss

In a society that's filled with a inundation of influences, probably one of the most difficult things to do in life is to be one's self. There are influences from our peers, parents, authority figures, role models, entertainment, and what we may experience on a day to day basis that shape and mold our perception of the outside world. How we best respond to this multitude of stimuli is individual based, however, as daunting as it may seem, it always refreshing, not to mention, rewarding in the long run when one can take his or her influences, learn from them, grow with them and takes a leap of faith to follow their heart to stand out.

Taking the initiative to stand out musically from her peers, is Artikya from Atlanta, GA. With what I would classify as an Electro Pop sound, Artikya has plans to usher in a new sound and capture listeners both near and abroad. Quite captivated by the energy she emits through art, Why Blue Matters was able to get a hold of her for a few. Allow Artikya to introduce you to her world.



[As Told To Why Blue Matters]



So tell me a little bit about yourself:
Interest(s)?

I'm probably interested in a bit too much lol! I love to make music, i love letting my spirit free while dancing, I also love to read and write....BORING i know!! And what girl doesnt love to shop!


Who can you most attribute your musical ability to?

Probably my mom, she has an amazing voice! She was offered a major deal and had to turn it down when she became pregnant with me. I am firm believer of the term "everything happening for a reason." Here i am today following my dreams as an artist and who knows maybe I'll pick up where she left off. But until then, I'm staying focused and humble!

What do you like most about being a singer/songwriter?

What I like MOST about being a singer/songwriter would have to be the opportunity to change the world.


What's the thought process behind your works?



Break-ups, make-ups, and everything in between!

From mere creativity?

Its all a vibe. When me and the team get together to make a song, its magic!

What inspires and motivates you?

My family, other talented artist like Kanye West and Lady GaGa, and everyone around me!

How long have you been involved in music?

My entire life.


What type of impact would you like to leave with your music?

A BIG one! Whatever it may be, I'd want everyone to know that you can achieve anything with hard work and good people around you. And most importantly follow your dreams.

What would you do if you were involved in music?

Stay focused, humble, keep positive people around me, and continue to making good music!

Any future projects?

Well my debut album will be on iTunes very soon. I am in the studio rehearsing for a tour around Atlanta right now and hopefully a city near you!!!

Any advice for those looking to pursue their musical endeavours?

Reach for the moon, even if you miss you'll still land among the stars. stay positive and NEVER give up!

For More On Artika:

0 comments:

Post a Comment