Recent Posts

Sunday, January 24, 2010

WBM Features: Mina Mean



If you care at all you'll get some results. If you care enough, you'll get incredible results.
-Jim Rohn


With a don't take no mess type attitude Oakland's very own, MINA MEAN is hard at work trying to make a name for herself. Being a mother of a five year old, a college graduate and being able to write, record, & distribute her music herself proves she's talented and business saavy.

Take a moment and get to know Mina Mean.


[As Told To Why Blue Matters]



So what project are you working on now?

MM: Networkin U.S.A with my brother & producer Rapture.

What are your goals for 2010?

MM:To Distribute not only my music, but upcoming struggling talented artist I'm currently working with. As well as invest in more stocks, and my clothing line.

Introduce yourself to the people who already dont know who you are. Lets start off with letting us get to know the real you.

MM: Im just Mina from Oakland , California. A real artsty down to earth lady. Self Motivated & Driven. I've gone through many obstacles that has made me stronger & wiser.

So whats your birth name?

MM: Shamina Mack

Whats the difference between the real you and your stage persona?

MM: The real me is a homebody, very giving, sweet, always open & willing to help others, enjoys watching movies, reading, sewing, crocheting, being super mom to my 5year old son, and cooking.

Minamean is my alter ego, I guess you can say the " harder side" . Don't take no mess attitude, will chew your ear off if you cross me& instead of being violent, I vent artistically.

How long have you been in the game?

MM: I've been pursuing my music seriously now for the past 3 years

What's your greatest accomplishment so far in life?

MM: Giving birth to my son, graduating College, and writing, recording, & distributing my music myself.

Tell me a little bit about yourself:
Interest(s)?


MM: Any positive investments, technology, fashion, sports and music

What's your ultimate goal in life?

MM: To become wealthy enough to take care of my parents, so they'll never have to work or struggle again. My parents & son is why I work so hard.

What do you like most about being in the business?

MM: That I control my own sound, image & release dates. I answer to me.

What's the thought process behind your works?

MM: The type of mood I'm in determines the song.

...from personal experience?

MM: Mainly just the mood.

...mere creativity?

MM: Some times I write metaphorical poems & edit it to become a verse. those are always fun.

What inspires and motivates you?

MM: Life. My son, My father and my mothers progress in life.

How was life changed for you since being you started ?

MM: The music industry is a war zone. I've been disrespected, recently was attacked & jumped by four people, defamation of character/rumors about me that never happened,etc. I look at it as Im doing an excellent job, and I must be a star to go through so much already,lol.

What would you be doing now, if you never started doing music?

MM: Still making clothes & doing Tech support , as well as investments in stocks.. the same things without music.

What are you listening to in your ipod these days?

MM: I don't have an iPod, but i'm listening to Myself, My producers music, Thavius Beck , Nirvana, a lot of Oldies, SantaGold , 2pac & the Outlawz, and diggin Snoop's new album

Why?

MM: I just love all music that sounds good. Never been bias or closed minded when it comes to music.

What has been your favorite job you've done so far?

MM: Technical support. Warddrobe styling.

What are you currently working on?

MM: My womens line for Khosi Clothing and my next album " Networkin U.S.A ", its almost done already

Does any negativity from the media ever affect you in anyway?

MM: It does a little, but i'm one of those people who love to prove others wrong, so it only pushes me & motivates me harder when people judge me negatively.

Any advice for those looking to pursue their dreams?

MM: Don't stop. Don't let anyone or anything discourage you. You only get 1 life, trust GOD keep forward & never look over your shoulder.

What do you want to be remembered by?

MM: Being a universal artsy lady. The Jill Of All Trades.

Anything else you would like the world to know about you?

MM: I just started up my own label & will be helping out artist who are eager, have great work ethic & ready to push.

I'm all for supporting those who help themselves, who are genuinely good spirited people. Any negative people, or people who glorify destruction gets dismissed before they can shake my hand. No time for that type fo energy.

For more on Mina Mean:
www.youtube.com/minamean007
www.myspace.com/indecisivebeautifulmusic
www.twitter.com/1minamean
www.myspace.com/khosipromotions
http://minamean.etsy.com
www.modelmayhem.com/khosiclothing

0 comments:

Post a Comment