Recent Posts

Friday, January 22, 2010

WBM Features: Marsha Ambrosius



Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower
-Steve Jobs

Within us all are gifts. Whether we recognize them or not, they're there; an innumerable amount. Some we proactively utlize while the rest lie dormant. Yet the ability to use these gifts and the frequency at which we use them depends on our ability to develop. How one develops is individual and causational due to experience. The results can vary, however when causation supplements self the outcome when recognized is quite stellar.

Take Marsha Ambrosius for example, there isn't a star in the sky that shines brighter she does. Her gift of song coupled with her ability to songwrite makes Marsha absolutely amazing. You may know her best for the work she did with then group, Floetry as the songstress, but she is also the voice and lyrics behind standout collaborations with artist such as Fabolous, The Game, Jamie Foxx, Common, Justin Timberlake, Wale, Queen Latifah and the King of Pop, Michael Jackson to name a few.

With some time to share with WBM, Marsha offers a peek into her world of music and creativity.


[As Told To Why Blue Matters]




Marsha Ambrosius Interview :)


So tell me a little bit about yourself:
Interest(s)?

MA: "Anything to do with the paranormal fascinates me... call me a ghostbuster :) I love amusement parks, the brooklyn bridge and the philadelphia skyline :) "

What can you most attribute your songstress ability to?

MA: "My family support system... with them believing in me, I believe I can do anything :) my mother has the greatest vinyl&CD collection... being able to listen to everything at an early age, unforced, just carefree to take in the sounds of every genre has helped me to be limitless :) "

What do you like most about being a singer/songwriter?

MA: "I enjoy the freedom of being able to release as many thoughts and ideas as I can... having the opportunity to work with so man different artists lets me give as many perspectives as possible..."

What's the thought process behind your works?
...from personal experience?


MA: "I definitely write from experience... its always my personal perspective on whatever the subject matter is... even if I begin a song being objective, the emotion and intent behind the song is how I really feel... The song could be about me wanting to be with someone yet the the premise could be why I shouldn't be with them... there are so many ways to go about creating :) "

...is it mere creativity?

MA: "Just having the mindset to be as free as possible and as honest as I can gets the creative juices flowing :) "

What inspires and motivates you?

MA: "Anything :) I'm really thankful to have such a wonderful family and great friends :) Life is inspiring :) "

How long have you been involved in music?

MA: "I may have started singing from day 1 lol professionally involved since 1997 :) "

Heard you have a mixtape -- tell me a little about it.

MA:
"I have a mixtape floating around entitled "Yours Truly... Marsha Ambrosius" All songs produced by Focus, written by myself and a few by myself & Sterling Simms... most songs were intended to be on my solo album but as the creative process moved forward, so did my sound... we couldn't just let the songs do nothing so its a gift to those in waiting for my solo album :) "

What's your fav. joint?

MA: "Take Care" is my fave on there... and "Some Type a Way"... and "Cloud 9"... and "Sunshine"

...Why?

MA: "They are all soooooooo me :) "

Any recent/future projects?

MA: "Of course :) I have a song with Fabolous entitled "Stay" Letoya Luckett "She Don't Matter" I'm in the studio with more big names with songs soon to be released... I'm always working... thankfully :) & last but definitely not least, putting final touches on my solo project soon to be premiered :) "


Any advice for those looking to pursue their musical endeavours?
...for vocalists?

MA: "Sing, at the top of your lungs, so all can hear :) "

...for lyricists?

MA: "Write, travel, talk to people, experience life, speak from your heart... the beauty in art is the individuals perspective... we can all talk about the same thing, its all about how YOU say it :)"

MA: "Thanx a bunch for asking :) lots of love...

Yours Truly...

Marsha Ambrosius"

0 comments:

Post a Comment