Recent Posts

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

WBM Features: SICKPEN

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have.
-Zig Ziglar


WBM introduces a new artist on the rise! Sickpen Take a minute and get familiar with this artist as told to Why Blue Matters.

So who is SiCk PEN?

SP: I go by the name Jeremiah “Sickpen” Renaldo, I am a Songwriter/Singer/Vocal arranger/Musician!! I got the name “Sickpen” a long time ago from going to different studios and writing great records! After I would complete a record people in the lab would say “ dude your pen is sick or you have a crazy sick flow” so as days, months and years went by the name stuck! Im currently not working on any projects at this time, I’ve just finished and released my first mix-tape called “IWrite- No Ink Just Lyrics”. So Im very happy about that as well as the feedback Im getting! My goals for this year (2010) are to be one of the ones to bring real music back! Im working to get on alot of major projects as a songwriter, singer, vocal arranger or even a musician.

So what's your birth name? What's the difference between the real you and your stage persona?

SP: My birth name is Jeremiah Renaldo Bethea. The difference between the two is, I took off my last name and added my name as a writer (sickpen) as my middle name and my middle name as my last name (Jeremiah “Sickpen” Renaldo)

How long have you been in the game?

SP: I’ve been doing music since the age of three, so I’ll say I've been in this game or at least on this road for some time now!

What's your greatest accomplishment so far in life?

SP: My greatest accomplishment thus far would have to be having people love and appreciate my music!!

Tell me a little bit about yourself:

SP: One of my interest that I have is I love playing basketball, and might I add I'm pretty good if I may say so. lol! Another one is, I love to just sit and think..

What's your ultimate goal in life?

SP: My ultimate goal in life is to be at a point where I can help people with no questions asked. Also to be able to plant a seed in someone’s life..

What do you like most about being in the business?

SP: What I like most about being in the business is Im doing what I love!!

What's the thought process behind your works?

SP: Um.. the thought process behind my works are definitely experiences, whether it be mine or someone else’s. Now on the creative side I pretty much feel any and everything can be a title to a song, and work in a way as an expression!! Being that i never write anything down i would say my music definitely comes from a deeper place! I take it as a blessing!

What inspires and motivates you?

SP: In all ways life itself inspires and motivates me. I mean when you actually get out of yourself in view the world through someone else’s lens you cant help but be inspires or motivated wether its good or bad!

How was life changed for you since being you started?

SP: My life has change cause through music I have become wiser. Some music makes you stop in hear someone else's voice other then yours. It make you see how somethings we do affect others.


What would you be doing now, if you never started doing music?

SP: You know, thats a hard question... but I would have to say fashion or basketball!! lol The NBA!

What are you listening to in your ipod these days?

SP: Wow!! R Kelly because i Look up to him as a musician, The Dream because I look up to him because he’s a great writer as well as a great artist to me! BabyFace, man I feel as a writer I’ve learned alot from him. Queen, they are the best!! J Moss, vocally untouchable and his ministry is very uplifting! Keri Hilson, the Beatles um.. really some of everybody!!lol

What has been your favorite job you've done so far?

SP: I feel this mix-tape that I just did with producers DBC (DrummerBoyzClub) has been my favorite job so far!!!
http://www.supashare.net/9dqn8xu4vqr2 (Mixtape Link)

What are you currently working on?

SP: I'm currently working on getting on some major projects and getting my sound out there!

Does any negativity from the media ever affect you in anyway?

SP: I will have to say no. Cause I never receive any! lol

Any advice for those looking to pursue their dreams?

SP: My advice to anyone trying to pursue their dreams is to “follow you heart, not what you see others do” and “ Trust your results, not other people experiences”

What do you want to be remembered by?

SP: I would want to be remember by my music and how the feel of it touched people and for my unselfish acts of kindness!!

Anything else you would like the world to know about you?

SP: Yea, I would like the world to know that i don’t use a pen I just go in the booth and go in!! And I'm thankful for all the love and support!!!



1 comments:

NAthen said...

awesome interview, Jeremiah!

Post a Comment