Recent Posts

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

WBM Features: DAC



Music is what life sounds like.
-Eric Olson



If music is what life sounds like, the music created by Producer/DJ from Colorado, DAC has incredible stories to tell. He without effort is able to put together musical selections that the mind, heart, body and soul cannot help but to attach itself to and ride along the journey that his instrumentation provides. Well on his way and making quite the name for himself in Colorado and abroad, DAC is an artist on the rise and the next the reason Why Blue Matters.

For a closer look of the world through his eyes and what music means to him, DAC shares his thoughts.



[As Told To Why Blue Matters]




Who is DAC?

DAC: DEEAYECEE aka Danny Alejandro Cantu. A twenty year old, latino college boy. Go buffs!

Where are you from?

DAC: Born and raised in COLORADO. Representing for the 303.

Interest(s)?

DAC: Producing of course, designing logos/graphics, promoting, writing poetry, and playing basketball.

How did you get involved in music?

DAC: My dad has been a musician for years, I grew up watching his shows where he played regional Mexican music and before college I had a short stint with him in a salsa band. Also in high school I did some DJing for a few parties.

What does music mean to you?

DAC: Music is not a separate entity to me. Music is DAC and DAC is music. The love I have for producing, or to create in general runs in my blood, the passion to create will remain strong forever. I do this for the love all in all.

How has that meaning evolved over the years?

DAC: The meaning relied on confidence and belief I had to build up in myself. I never thought I would be considering this music thing as a way to get paid, to this day that is not my goal but I realize it could be a possibility if I nurture my skills and dedicate myself to this passion.

Who are some of your influences?

DAC: Bone Thugs N Harmony! Their dark, melodic beats, and harmonies inspired my earlier work for sure.I used to produce tracks with the thought that I was producing the song for Bone. Then there is Jay Dee aka J Dilla (RIP), Dilla is the biggest influence in my music no doubt. The way the man knew how to flip a sample was just amazing. Some other notable influences are 9th wonder , Pete Rock, and Large Professor.

Who would you like to collaborate with?

DAC: Madlib, Bone thugs of course, Twista, Busta Rhymes, Usher, Terminology and Black Milk

What does it mean to be an producer in 2010?

DAC: The year will not matter, every year brings the opportunity for me to learn. That is my biggest thing, to learn all I can with my craft and improve my skills. If 2010 is my time to shine then its my time to shine, if its not that does not matter to me, I am going to keep grinding and doing what I do. I always stay hungry and ready.

Biggest accomplishment?

DAC: Successfully getting collaborations done with people in California, Atlanta, and Seattle.

What inspires you musically?

DAC: The mary jane, art, space, and nature.

Any upcoming projects?

DAC: I am always working on something but I want to put out a compilation but I need more artists. Hit me up people! haha

What keeps you motivated?

DAC: The fact that my career is very young, and the idea that I am only going to get better. Everyday I come up with something new to create.

What does success mean to you?

DAC: Success = happiness. That happiness entails me being able to create music for the whole world to enjoy.

What type(s) of opportunity has music allowed you participate in?

DAC: It has allowed me to meet more people, expand my knowledge, open my mind, and enjoy life in general.

What type of impact would like to leave with your work?

DAC: I want my work to be viewed as different, I want people to say "I never thought a hip hop track would sound like that" but at the end of the day I want those same people to say "that is hip hop".

Any advice for those looking to pursue their goals and dreams?

DAC: Never give up on your foundations, always remember what got you to where you where in the first place no matter what level you are at. Just keep pushing. If you truly love what you do then everything should play out.


For More On DAC:
www.myspace.com/djdeeayecee
www.twitter.com/deeayecee

0 comments:

Post a Comment