Recent Posts

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

WBM Features: Dj D Rock


The man of genius inspires us with a boundless confidence in our own powers.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson


Not only An official RUFF RYDER, he is also a musical genius on the ones and twos...DJ D Rock is one of the most sought after DJ's inNew York. What separates D Rock from all other deejays is that at an early age he was diagnosed with an eye condition called glaucoma. That condition caused him to lose his eyesight at the age of 22, but he didn’t let that stop him. With the use of special equipment he is able to keep the dance floors packed all around the US and Overseas.

The future for this amazing artist is limitless. Everyday a new chapter is opening in his life. Look to see what is to come next in the life of DJ D Rock, New York’s Most Wanted

Take a minute and get to know him...





[As Told To Why Blue Matters]





So whats your birth name?


Louis J Decosmo
How long have you been in the game?

16 years

What's your greatest accomplishment so far in life?

Greatest ...mmhhhmmmm that's a tough one I guess I would have to say dealing with myself being being blind and not letting me get down and just striving at my goals and just doing what I need to do in life to stay on top.

Tell me a little bit about yourself:
I am a 30 yr old single father in nyc right now am signed to one of new yorks major labels for a chance of a lifetime to find there next new artist or producer. This is a op that not many people get a chance to have in there lifetime it is great to be respected enough for a major label like ruff ryders to look at me as someone to hit the global market for their next new artist.

Interest(s)?


Music, producing, clubbing, concerts, and just making people feel good

What's your ultimate goal in life?

It is to just know i am happy with how things are going along and being respected by others

What do you like most about being in the business?

There are so many good things to name one is hard but I would have to say the impact you leave on people's lives is the best thing I would have to say.

What's the thought process behind your works?

I am always just listening day to day seeing what goes with what and how I think a track is gonna effect a dance floor. There are just certain tracks when a floor is packed that you know the crowd wil go nuts. It is the best feeling to hear them scream and the energy you get off of it.

What inspires and motivates you?

My kids and family

How was life changed for you since you started being a DJ ?

Well when i started i was djn in my moms basment with one turntable and some broken up mixer buying records at the localrecord store. Now I am dj'ing for major events and celebs spinnin on some of the hottest stuff in the biz as well as recording in multi million dollar studios lol

What would you be doing now, if you never started doing music?

Honestly i would probably end up in jail or dead.

What are you listening to in your ipod these days?

trey songz, ne-yo, drake jay z , fabolous, chris brown and of course my fav rapper biggie

What has been your favorite job you've done so far?

Well so far would have to be my exp with bad boy entertainment last year hosting their world wide model search. I got to travel the world and exp so many things as well as meet some great and not so great ppl .But what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.


Does any negativity from the media ever affect you in anyway?

I dont let anyone or anything negative effect me it just drives me to go even harder. Haters wouldn't hate if you werent doing something they could already do now would they?


Any advice for those looking to pursue their dreams?
No matter what anyone tells you or how hard it gets even if the last phone call or e mail was the last contact you had. Just keep going for it never give up on what you dream for cause once you have it is the best thing ever and those that said you couldn't do it wil be right there to try and be apart of your dreams. I wish anyone the best luck in following what they love.

What do you want to be remembered by?

I would just like to be remembered as someone that actually cared and gave time to everyone no matter how big or small someone is they are stil important to me and the impact I have on them.

Anything else you would like the world to know about you?

Yea i don't my blindness stop me from anything besides driving a car but world watch out cause am gona find a way to get around this somehow someway !!!!!lol ppl thnx for your support thru everything and be sure to check out
www.djdrockny.com 2010 am shuttin it down world wide!

Thanks for adding more significance to Why Blue Matters

0 comments:

Post a Comment