Recent Posts

Friday, December 4, 2009

Eye Candy Couldn't Be More Sweet


"Love of beauty is Taste. The creation of beauty is Art."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson


If the above quote is at least half true, what our next featurette, Owner/Stylist Lauren Moore of Eye Candy Beauty Studio makes available to the fashion and beauty communities is something truly extraordinary. She has the vision coupled with an insatiable passion for bringing the inner most beauty of her clients outward.


In an interview with WBM get closer look as to what makes Eye Candy so sweet.



[As Told To Why Blue Matters]



So tell me a bit about yourself?
Where are you from?


I am originally from Brooklyn, NY to the Hampton Roads Area of Virginia.

Interest(s)?


I have an interest in a lot of different things, it is so hard to choose just one; but I am a lover of music, writing, fashion and animals.

Explain for those who may not know what you do for clients.

I am a makeup artist and hair stylist. For EyeCandy Beauty Studio I assist models with building their portfolios. I also work along with photographers and A.J Supreme assisting models out of the Hampton Roads area get their foot in the door and assist them with getting exposure. We have a monthly feature titled “Supreme Candy”; a co- lab of both our businesses.

What’s your perspective on beauty?

As my motto goes for EyeCandy “Every woman is beautiful” my perspective on beauty is that a person that is truly beautiful comes from within. A person could be physically attractive but if they have a bad, negative or vain attitude that distracts from their physical beauty. I like my clients to look and feel beautiful and to know that the true definition of beauty does not reside with a size 2. To me beauty is when I am finished styling my clients and the look on their face when I am done; the glow and the smile they get warms my heart. It is like they have looked at them for the first time and say “Wow!” As they pose in the mirror and their self confidence is on high…that is beauty; a person’s completeness with themselves.

What do you like the most about being involved in fashion and beauty?

To touch on my last statement of my perspective of beauty is my favorite part of the industry making people look and feel their best. I love people to say “Thank you, I love it or I look pretty!” I also look and tell my clients that they look beautiful. I just love to make people feel good and I like to transform them.

How long have you been involved?

I have been involved in the industry for 5 ½ years. I started with Mary Kay and I wanted to do more hands on with clients which then transcended to working with a popular makeup line to Salons & Spas to freelance and now a growing business.

How important are relationship and credibility in what you do?

Very Important!! Even if you have nothing your name and reputation is all you have especially in this industry. My primary clients are from referral or word of mouth. So I make sure that my rapport and business relationships are very open and pleasant. If something happens out of my control I try to be innovative and creative to fulfill my obligations. There is always a plan B; my client’s satisfaction is very important to me.

What inspires and motivates you?

Certain people in my inner circle like my close family and friends that always give me sound reasoning and advice. They also encourage me to stay balance and to keep going when I’m feeling low or when the haters arise.

Biggest accomplishment?

My biggest accomplishment is more on a personal level. My son was born extremely early. I was five months pregnant when he was born. At birth he was only 1lb. Through all of the trails, sickness, surgeries and drama, I am proud to say not only did I make it but only made it with the help of God and my family. The day I got my son ready for his first day of school was most defiantly a blessing.

What would you do if you weren’t involved with what you’re doing currently?

I would probably still be working in the Banking and Financial industry as a Financial Advisor for New York Life. I previously worked there holding my Life and Health License. I would also be trying to get my licensure in brokerage.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

In five years I hope that EyeCandy will be a household and brand name and would be working with TV/Film doing my artistry.

Any Future Projects?

Yes there are future projects AJ Supreme and I have a surprise coming up in April 2010 for the aspiring model out there. VERY BIG! I will definitely keep you updated with the information as the project comes together. Also we are looking to release a calendar for our Supreme Candy models in 2011.

What type of impact would you like to leave with EyeCandy Beauty?

I would like people to know that EyeCandy is a diverse company that follows their motto that “Every Woman is Beautiful”. Creating and advocating positive self esteem in teens and woman of all ages.

Any advice for those looking to pursue their business and styling endeavors?

Do your homework! Even if your talent is stellar make sure to do your research on the business end. Keep up to date with trends and new business law. Also if you decide to start your business with a partner make sure that you really know them and their intentions. Remember there is never an “I” in team, keep open communication and keep your affairs and agreements in writing.




How far would you go to hustle for your dreams?
http://www.hustleforyourdreams.com/



0 comments:

Post a Comment