Recent Posts

Friday, December 11, 2009

Soleful

Dancing with the feet is one thing, but dancing with the heart is another.
-Anonymous

If to dance is to dream, then our next feature makes every dream of hers come true with the completion of each step. Faith coupled with her willingness and desire to follow her heart, allows Belizean native, Vania Reneau to create masterpieces out of her choreographed movements. With already much accomplished globally, Vania is just showing how she really moves.

[As Told To Why Blue Matters]



What Would You Do If You Weren’t A Dancer?

I would be a stylist, interior decorator, a party planner, and/or personal assistant. All of the above I do in addition to my dance career. I love to explore all options.

Where Do You See Yourself 5 Years From Now?


It’s hard to determine the future because timing is everything with God. I see myself breaking the barriers of modern day choreography. I have been creating choreography, video treatments, and staging concepts in my head since I was a child. There’s no doubt in my mind that I wasn’t blessed with my talent for a reason. In the next 5 years, I plan on working with real artist, real musicians, and humble talent. But most of all I want to fulfill God’s purpose.

Any Future Projects?

There is a new Disney Movie soon to be released that I choreographed a portion of. Stay tuned for the details on the title, I can’t reveal that quite yet. I just recently choreographed the new Ms. Triniti music video. She is signed to EMI JAPAN and is all over the overseas charts. Also look out for the hottest new male group “O.N.E” soon to be released this year. They are amazing vocalist, dancers, and performers and I have a strong belief in their success.

What Type Of Impact Would You Like To Leave With Your Involvement in Dance?


I’d like to leave a memorable impact on this industry. A lot of choreographers do work for the check and forget about the art. I promised myself I would only accept jobs that compliment my creativity and will assist me in creating those memorable performances. One of my biggest inspirations is Michael Jackson. I noticed MJ only worked with people who enhanced his vision. I also want to go back to my country and somehow offer them the opportunities to enjoy the performing arts.

Any Advise To Those Looking To Pursue The Art?

My only advice is to only pursue the art you truly love. Don’t become something your not or reach for a goal you’re not inspired by. This industry isn’t easy but if you’re in it whole heartedly, success is never ending. Strive to be the best and be thankful for your opportunities, big or small. Never allow others around you to distract or discourage you, because you hold the key to your success.

0 comments:

Post a Comment