Recent Posts

Saturday, February 6, 2010

WBM Features: Willie Taylor of Day26



I put all my genius into my life; I only put my talent into my works.
-Oscar Wilde


What does "Sextape" and 2/14 have in common? It's the release of the most highly anticipated Mixtape of 2010 by Willie Taylor of Day26. In no way shape or form is DAY26 over, it's just time that Willie gets to shine and show the world his talent, as a writer, singer, and producer.

Not only is Willie delivering a soon to be classic mixtape, but he is also putting Chicago on the map with "Celeb Night Open Mic" in Chicago every Monday at club RUMBA as well as develop and sign new artists to his label Noivak Music group.

So take a minute and get to know Will a little bit better.


[As Told To Why Blue Matters]



So "Sextape" the mixtape is causing a lot of buzz. Give us the details on how this project came about? What was the inspiration behind it all?

Will T.: Well it started from frustration of not getting the writing credit I deserve, So I really wanted to showcase a side of me that the world had never seen via the tv show, and on the flip side I just started my new Record Label Noivak Music Group and I wanted to really show the world my Brand, that why everything looks so BIG and Exciting.

What are the rest of your goals for 2010? Any DAY26 news?

Will T.: 2010 kicked off amazing for me everything that I said I was going to do I have definitely started and doing really well at now, But this year is more about putting my City (CHICAGO) on the map for the great music and artist that we produce here, we have never had a outlet here to really be seen and if i can help in anyway then I will, I just started a event called "Celeb Night Open Mic" in Chicago every Monday @ RUMBA which is really just step 1 of bringing my City together. And DAY26 will be recording our third album in a few weeks, Going to be amazing.

So Will, introduce yourself to the few people who don't know who you are?

Will T.: Hello World Im Willie Taylor but you just call me "Will" for short , I have been singing my whole life and always had a dream of being a Entertainer and I would have given anything I had to get there, I had did the starving artist thing for many years before the world saw me on making the band on MTV, from there I made the Band (DAY26) recorded 2 Billboard number 1 albums under BadBoy Entertainment and P. Diddy, and from now I'm releasing a Classic Mixtape (SEXTAPE) on February 14th 2010, and jumping back in the studio with DAY26 later this month to record Album number 3.

So what's your birth name? What's the difference between the real you and your stage persona? How long have you been in the game? Before making the band or was that your start?

Will T.: My Birth Name is Willie Taylor. To be Honest, me on stage is pretty much me off stage, lol I have no Stage persona. To answer the question of how long have I been in the game I'd say for like 9 years. Now I got my start with my former group Kwiet Storm back in 2001 with a song and video "Leave Me Alone" that ran on BET and then we later signed with Universal and did the touring thing, some how it didn't work we got dropped, I was crushed and wanted to quit but GOD said keep going!!!!! so I did the solo thing with hopes of getting signed, It started to take to long so I just kept writing, I placed two records on Avant's "Director" Album and was about to quit singing and just write behind the scenes but GOD said keep going!!!! so I went to the long lines of MTB4 and the rest you guys have seen on the tv show but just know it's a ruff lifestyle!!! Just know I'll never stop as long as GOD says keep going!!


What's your greatest accomplishment so far in life?

Will T.: My son "Kavion Taylor" he makes my life everything that it is.

What are your Interest(s)? when your not doing music?

Will T.: I Love Sports, mainly Basketball, and other then that back to the Music!!! LOL

What do you like most about being in the business?

Will T.: Learning the Business, from reading books to all my life's experiences, I feel I'm in a really good place mentally as far as my Business is concerned.

What would you be doing now, if you never started doing music?

Will T.: If I never started music...... I wouldn't exist. That's all I know.

Does any negativity from the media ever affect you in anyway?

Will T.: Not anymore, but there was a time where it would hurt me more then anything to hear people say some of the things they would say, cause all I ever wanted to do was make great music, but i understand that you cant please everybody so you gotta keep it moving.

Do you think the Que situation damaged DAY26 in anyway or the release of those xxx pics to the internet?

Will T.: Not at all, In biz things happen and if you cant work together it's just that. Nothing personal. We all wish him the best of everything, and as far as XXX rated pics, that was another thing that could have brought me down and almost did but hell those pics were sent to my wife in our time apart and if people weren't so much into hacking then world would have never seen, I had did nothing wrong , so GOD said keep going!!!!

Any advice for those looking to pursue their dreams?

Will T.: your Dream, is your Dream, God didn't give it to anybody but you, so just know that others don't understand you, and KEEP GOING.

What do you want to be remembered by?

Will T.: And I want to be remember by of coarse my music but even more my heart and the fact that I'm not selfish and I wanna help other reach their dreams as well.

Anything else you would like the world to know about you?

Will T.: Yeah Its going Down February 14th "SEXTAPE" it's amazing, and use with CAUTION!!!!!!! LOL



LIVE & ENJOY TODAY for TODAY as TOMORROW is NEVER PROMISED!



Links to Music:
Sex Conversation: http://www.limelinx.com/files/3f4a5969c25cf1460282bd8ec18bbde0

Knock it Out the Park: http://www.limelinx.com/files/2f0e2f7ca3503ca3890044db84d9597c

0 comments:

Post a Comment