Recent Posts

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

WBM Features: Frankee Razor



Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.
-Judy Garland



With comparisons to Prince vocally, controversial styling of a male version of Madonna and stage presense with the likeness of Jimi Hendrix, Frankee Razor shows an exceptional amount of promise. Not only that, but he has a lot to say on his debut album "It Aint Nothing Pretty."

There's a lot of buzz surrounding Frankee Razor in the Los Angeles area and soon around the world. Take a minute and get to know this up coming artist.


[As Told To Why Blue Matters]



So what project are you working on now?

FR: I’m feverishly at work on my debut album, Frankee Razor “It Ain’t Nothing Pretty”! We are gearing up for a Fall release.

What are your goals for 2010?

FR: My goals for 2010 are to drop my single “Right Now” at the beginning of the summer, to secure an opening slot on a Major tour by the summer, and major label distribution of my debut album, Frankee Razor “It Ain’t Nothing Pretty”!

So whats your birth name?

FR: My mama named me Justinn Frank Rolland Waddell… that was the name I used when I was a finalist on American Idol Season 1. It was cool, but it didn’t suit the edginess of my LIVE Show, which is how I made a name for myself in Hollywood.

Whats the difference between the real you and your stage persona?

FR: Frankee Razor the confident, God fearing, swagged-out maniac on stage is who I really am. Style wise, that is how I dress all the time. However, I would love to scream real loud, be wild, crazy, and entertain whoever’s around me all the time, but in the real world it just doesn’t work like that. I’ve learned to control my inner beast aka my inner “Frankee Razor” while amongst the general public. If u see me making an appearance at an event or chillin at the beach, you would probably think I am really quiet and reserved until I hit the stage!!

How long have you been in the game?

FR: I started very young doing Broadway plays, in a show called “Another Chance” and it ran for two summers, 1998 through 1999. A scrawny 13-year-old kid, I played one of the lead roles singing, dancing and acting alongside Jeanette Bayardelle, who went on to play Celie in Oprah Winfrey’s “Color Purple” on Broadway and Tracie Thoms, who went on to play one of the leads in the movie version of “Rent”!! American Idol’s pioneering year followed in 2002, which served as the year I made the transition from Actor/Dancer/Singer to Recording Artist, putting acting and dancing on the back burner. From then on, I was Hollywood bound and the rest is History.

What's your greatest accomplishment so far in life?

FR: Three of my greatest accomplishments so far are giving my life to Jesus Christ, becoming 2 years Sober from Drugs and Alcohol, and taking the risk to step out on faith to do music FULL TIME, in order to become the Music Legend God put me on here to be.

Tell me a little bit about yourself:
Interest(s)?


FR: I write songs all day everyday, I pray all day everyday, I can run oddly fast, I’ve zbeen growing my hair for 13 years since I was 11 years old, I can Sing, Dance, and Act, I’ve had way too many sexual partners that I’ve lost count (thank God for a lifestyle change), I come alive on stage, I love to debate, I don’t have cable tv by choice, I’m infatuated with fake trees (my house looks like an artificial rainforest), I have 3 pets; 2 dogs and a cat, My favorite place to chill is at the beach, I’m over 2 years sober, and I love, love, love to help people, I think it’s the reason I write so many songs. That enough? You want my social security too? lol, JK.

What's your ultimate goal in life?

FR: My ultimate goal in life is to travel the world and tell my story through song. I want to tell the world how a confused, alcoholic, sex-a-holic, former whore from New York City could allow God to make something out of his life, and go down in History as one of the Greatest, Most Inspiring Recording Artists of our time, who Changed His Generation for the better.

What do you like most about being in the business?

FR: I like talking to young kids, who are different, who stand out, who are misunderstood, who just need someone to relate to, like I did at that age. I love when they look up at me and I get the chance to tell them how GREAT they will be in life, once they allow God to show them who they were created to be… Absolute best part about this industry hands down. Performing LIVE comes in at a close second, LOL!!

What's the thought process behind your works?
...from personal experience?
...mere creativity?


FR: All my music comes from Personal Experience, which makes it very hard when the producer says, “Hey you should change this and switch that.” I like to tell great stories about my crazy life because I know someone out there, going through the same thing, may need to hear my song to let them know they aren’t alone.

What inspires and motivates you?

FR: I’ll say that God and people in general inspire me the most. They inspire me to write songs and perform them, to make people smile, to pray with people or to merely offer encouragement.

How has life changed for you since being you started?

FR: Well, I live in California away from my family on the East Coast and a lot more people know my name, but I am basically the same, down to earth person I always was.

What would you be doing now, if you never started doing music?

FR: I’d be managing the Sofitel Los Angeles, it was the last job I worked before I started doing music full time. They fired me for being a Rock Star!!

What are you listening to in your ipod these days?
...Why?


FR: I don’t own an ipod, but I’m listening to “The Jimi Hendrix Experience” in my car because I can’t get enough of his swag, with the guitar riffs and the edgy, cracked out, pimp-type vocal style. Jimi Hendrix is the best. Although, I am a Pop Mash Up artist, my music is young, in the club, and very radio friendly, I have a Rock Star Mentality, just like Jimi, lol!!

What has been your favorite job you've done so far?

FR: Opening up for Faith Evans on New Years Eve 2009, she was so gracious and she and her husband/manager, Todd Russaw, loved my LIVE Show along with Eddie Murphy, Eric Benet, and Fantasia Barrino, who has my song “Over the Edge” in rotation in her car, as we speak.

Does any negativity from the media ever affect you in anyway?

FR: I appeared on Us Weekly’s worst dressed list for my American Idol appearance, but it made my day… I have it laminated and framed on my wall. So that lets u know what I think about negative press. I’m happy being Frankee Razor, so other people’s opinion doesn’t add or take away from how I feel about Frankee Razor.

Any advice for those looking to pursue their dreams?

FR: Yes, Do it, lol!! Make up in your mind to do it for you and don’t look back no matter what the situation looks like. Allow God to take care of all your bad habits, addictions, or negative proclivities that would stop you from being all that you were created to be.


What do you want to be remembered by?

FR: I want to be remembered by my Transparency and Honesty. I want people to say, “Frankee Razor was an artist who, through his honesty about his life, Changed His Generation for the better”.

Anything else you would like the world to know about you?

FR: There was never any doubt in my mind that Frankee Razor could do this and win, everyone should have the same mentality before entering into this Biz!! No one can define you but God and You. That said, go to http://www.frankeerazor.com/ right now and Press Play and see what all the HOLLYWOOD FUSS is about. If you like what you hear, I’d be honored if you would support the movement by becoming a fan at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Frankee-Razor-ur-local-Hip-Hop-Jimi-Hendrix/53098798670 if you want a play by play of what crazy things Frankee Razor’s doing up to the minute Follow Him at http://www.Twitter.com/FrankeeRazor. Thanks and God Bless.

0 comments:

Post a Comment