Recent Posts

Friday, February 19, 2010

WBM Features: Elvie G PR




Dreams are like the paints of a great artist. Your dreams are your paints, the world is your canvas. Believe in the brush that converts your dreams into a masterpiece of reality.
-Anonymous



The timeliness of the aforementioned quote couldn't be more perfect while at the same time more suitable than for the next feature of WBM.

Elvira Guzman of California is quite the visionary who has masterfully displayed and continues to display her dreams for the world to see. What makes Elvira such an exemplary model for Why Blue Matters is that in her effort to attain her goals and dreams, she helps others obtain theirs as well. Considering she has already accomplished a great deal, this is just the beginning.

With a chance to catch up with this insightful, intelligent, beautiful and forward thinking young lady between the brush strokes of painting her reality, WBM had the opportunity to have a meeting of the minds and talk about what happened, what's now and what's next.




[As Told To Why Blue Matters]






Who is Elvira Guzman?

EG: I’m 26 years old. I’m Mexican American. I’m the youngest of 4 children. I went to USC and received degrees in Political Science and Law & Society. My background is in producing Radio & TV shows. I’ve produced for the Steve Harvey Morning Show, John Salley Morning Show, BET, MTV, UPN and WB. I’ve talent booked/stage managed/coordinated for the Hoodie Awards, BET Awards, BET Celebration of Gospel, Critics Choice Awards, Black College Expo Tour and several other special events and college events.

Where from?

EG: Covina, CA

Interest(s)?

EG: I love to hike Runyon Canyon, I love to go to the movies, I love to travel and I love to help others whenever I can.

Explain for those who may not know what you do for clients?

EG: Elvie G PR is a full service boutique Public Relations firm based in Hollywood, CA specializing in brand development for artists, comedians, actors, athletes, special events, etc. Elvie G PR is committed to heightening the clients name and profile. Solid relationships within the entertainment, advertising, and marketing industries have been an essential part of Elvie G PR’s ability to maximize client visibility.

What do you like most about being involved in PR?

EG: Helping people realize their DREAMS!

How long have you been involved?

EG: I’ve worked in the entertainment industry for 9 years and I’ve worked in PR for the last 3.

How did you get involved in the industry?

EG: I started out as an intern at a radio station. Right after my internship Steve Harvey offered me a job at his company and I immediately started producing a segment on his radio show in Los Angeles and I also worked for his production company where I produced shows for various networks.

How important are relationships and credibility in what you do?

EG: That is the MOST important thing! It’s not what you know, but who you know and how often you get together with them and network! In addition there is a lot to say about the way you carry yourself. Always carry yourself with class and dignity and others will respect you a lot more. Also as a publicist you should never promise anything you cannot deliver. That’s very important as well.

What inspires and motivates you?

EG: What motives me is to be a better person tomorrow than I am today. It’s all about self improvement. Never stop evolving!

Who inspires me is a tie between my mother an Oprah Winfrey. My mother because she always encourages me to be my best and to live life with no fear. Oprah Winfrey because she has built an empire around the basic principle of being a great human being. I also admire the fact that she acknowledges her power and she does not abuse it.

What would you do if you weren't involved with what you're doing currently?

EG: If there was no way I could do PR, Branding or Producing, I would have to say that I would go back to Law School and be an Entertainment Lawyer.

Where do you see yourself 5 yrs from now?

EG: In talks to start my own TV Network. That’s more like my 5-10 year goal.

Any future projects?

EG: Yes I just signed a few new clients that I will make public on my website soon and I will be appearing on a BET show helping one of my new clients rise to the top and expand his brand even further. Details will be on my website soon!

Any advice for those looking to pursue their Public Relations and Event Marketing endeavours?

EG: Don’t go by the books. Don’t just rely on press releases and press kits. Go out there and network and build relationships. Get as many internships as needed to build your entertainment little black book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment