Recent Posts

Thursday, February 4, 2010

WBM Features: Nesra



Limitations only live in our minds. But if we use our
imaginations our possibilities become endless.
-Jamie Paolinetti


What if a rapper can remix hiphop/pop/r&b songs like Best I Ever Had, Halo, Magnificent, If U Seek Amy, Louboutins and still maintain street cred and produce hot original tracks NESRA has found a way to do so.

NESRA has been making music since the early 2000's and has created a name for himself, always humble, always creative and still have time to maintain a family and make a profitable career in music.

Take a minute and get to know NESRA.


[As Told To Why Blue Matters]



So whats your birth name?

Nesra: Alex is my birth name but went by NUT through out my school years!

Whats the difference between the real you and your stage persona?

Nesra: No difference, what you see is what you get, I am a true believer of hurting you with the truth then making you feel good with a lie.

How long have you been in the game?

Nesra: WOW...started in 1993 as ARSEN and started off with a serious drive. Created MIP and signed a deal with SMG (Solar Music Group) who at the time was the #1 underground music distributor but that didnt last to long. After music was sporadic for me until now.


What's your greatest accomplishment so far in life?

Nesra: Creating my family and maintaining it! Just to see the smiles on their faces is a great feeling!

Tell me a little bit about yourself:
Interest(s)?


Nesra: Writing/Arranging Music, Sports, Movies, Working out and being a Father.

What's your ultimate goal in life?

Nesra: Stay positively driven and continue to provide the life i didn't have for my little ones!

What do you like most about being in the business?

Nesra: The fact i have no strings attached to any labels or distribution company!

What's the thought process behind your works?
....from personal experience?


Nesra: So much to list, i swear i could write a book. Ive been down alot of roads and truthfully i wish my luck would roll over to playing the lotto! HA!

...mere creativity?

Nesra: I know thats what separates me from the rest of artists making music at this moment! I am always willing to try something different, majority of artists seem like race horses with blockers on their eyes, at the moment im trying to release subject mattered music with a story behind it. Not just speaking about what i have or what i drive or what you don't have etc.

What inspires and motivates you?

Nesra: My Family and surroundings inspires me every minute of the day but ive always been motivated for the simple fact that nothing is ever just given to you, you should always try and reach for it!

How was life changed for you since being you started?

Nesra: Changed alot because the music industry was starting to feel the mp3 shock then the presence of being able to upload pictures and videos. Once that started and i started attending shows or doing shows, people would start recognizing who i was and what i did. The internet has really opened up doors for artists like myself.

What would you be doing now, if you never started doing music?

Nesra: Probably something in the mechanic field or Aeronautics trade. Enjoy that kind of work!

What are you listening to in your ipod these days?

Nesra: I have a diverse collection but right now I have My Music, Z-RO, Slaughter House, SADE and some Bay Area Hits and all of DJ JG mixes!

...Why?

Nesra: because, I do what I do baby!

What has been your favorite job you've done so far?

Nesra: I have no favorite job, who does?

What are you currently working on?

Nesra: Working on my new EP "Tired of the Extras" trying to work on some new mix tape tracks and ideas at the same time just trying to network with whom ever is ready! i have no restrictions!

Does any negativity from the media ever affect you in anyway?

Nesra: Naw, it has never affected me in any, I'm still waiting for it to catch me off guard!

Any advice for those looking to pursue their dreams?

Nesra: Everyone should always try and achieve their dreams! never let anyone tell you different! How would one know if it could ever be successful without trying!

What do you want to be remembered by?

Nesra: Being One Hard Act to Follow (title to my first track on my new EP) GYEAH!

Anything else you would like the world to know about you?

Nesra: I'm so approachable so if anyone want to chop it up with ya boy here is how to get a hold of me!

For More On Nesra:

http://www.servnu151.blogspot.com/
www.twitter.com/nesra
www.facebook.com/nesra151
www.myspace.com/nesra151

0 comments:

Post a Comment