Recent Posts

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

WBM Features: Richie "Loco Menaj" Ruperto



A man's worth is no greater than the worth of his ambitions.
-Marcus Aurelius


There's force that exists in this universe that when utilized cannot stop the most determined person from obtaining his or her goals. This force allows the determined, focused and purpose-driven individual to not only move, but move forward toward their inner most desires. Whether dealing with matters of careers, personal development, love, or one's aspirations, ambition is that force that fuels the mind, fuels the heart, fuels the body even when there isn't much left.

Fueled on ambition of a higher grade, entertainer, Richie "Loco Menaj" Ruperto of New York drives along the journey he knows as life headed toward success. Every opportunity for him is another experience to get that much closer to where he needs to be. Whether that is in dance, fashion or entertainment, his ambition for more is what keeps his movement moving.

So here with a pit stop on life's journey, Richie "Loco Menaj" Ruperto gives us some of his time, mind and vision of things to come.



[As Told To Why Blue Matters]





Who is Richie "Loco Menaj" Ruperto?

RLR: Richie "Loco Menaj" Ruperto Is an all around Entertainer. I am an Actor, Comedian, Rapper, Dancer, Tv Personality and so many other things. I do it all.

Where are you from?

RLR: I'm Originally from Spanish Harlem, but currently back and forth between NY and LA.

Interest(s)?

RLR: My interests consist of what I do in my career because I love doing what I do. such as dance, comedy & rapping. haha I love writing I can be crazy and put what I'm thinking on paper.

I understand, you're a member of the House of Ninja, what kind of skills does one have to have to get recognized?

RLR: Yes i am and it has been an amazing experience working with such amazing, creative artist. I think when I first became apart of the family I felt I had to live up to the amazing "Benny Ninja (Top Model), Danielle "Ninja" Polanco (Step Up 2, Step Up 3D) & Javier Ninja". But I was just myself and trained as well to get the skills i gained and its just being free and sometimes flexible haha which im working on everyday, but living in the name of Willi Ninja is the message i would also like to show in my talent with "The House Of Ninja".

How has dance created opportunity for you?

RLR: Dance has created an amazing platform for me within the entertainment business because believe it or not alot of amazing artist and actors started off dancing first. I meet amazing people who inspire me with moves and grace, so it pushes me to become a great entertainer and Performer.

What inspires and motivates you?

RLR: Everyday I am inspired by storys. Weather it's mine or others. because whatever the story is it motivates me to push further and harder for what I want.

How long have you been involved in entertainment?

RLR: I have been apart of the entertainment industry for about 3 years now, and even tho I'm not "Oprah" or "Beyonce", I have intentions to be on a level such as there's one day.

How did you first break into the industry?

RLR: I first came into the industry dancing in videos and making appearences behind the scenes such as "Lil Mama's G-Slide Video" and then Appeared on an episode of "The Tyra Show" to talk about my life story.

Considering this is the top of the year, what do you plan to accomplish in 2010?

RLR: I plan on breaking all barriers and myths that this industry or shall i say "World" has on the "GLBT Community". It's sad we have a community and are not considered regular human beings like others but its cool, because my goal is to break that and also to do what i love to do and inspire young adults and etc.

What are some of the projects you're working on currently?

RLR: Well... I have been working on special cameos such as "Step Up 3D the movie which comes out this summer around August. Also a cameo on LOGO's "The Robert Verdi Show" which airs this month. And my own music Project, Releasing a mixtape soon and premiering my first music video for my first single "the Loco" off my Mixtape [No Shade] coming Soon. My goal with my music is to break out as the 1st Openly Gay rapper to go mainstream.

Who would you love to collaborate with the industry?

RLR: I have so many that come to mind, But of course "Nicki Minaj, Young Money, Lady Gaga, Ester Dean, Livvi Franc" And good friends that are breaking into the Industry as well like "Ginette Claudette, Vali Porter, Jayvon Phillips & Showtyme of (O.I.S.D). Those are amazing people that you must watch out for. True Talent!

...Why?

RLR: All of those Artist I named inspire me because there all so different! I love all there creativity because it feeds me the drive I use to make myself a better Artist.

Any more television projects coming up?

RLR: I don't know yet as of now, If something comes along then maybe I will but right now I'm trying to focus on Music and maybe some film projects but as of now I'd love to inspire and perform threw my music.

Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?

RLR: In 5 years I see myself moving onto bigger and better projects, such as films, music, and even comedy, I love making any and everyone laugh.

What type of impact would you like to leave with your talents and ability?

RLR: My major goal is to be happy doing what I love to do and be successful, Also making an impact on my GLBT Community. I would love for us to be more comfortable walking the streets, Having the choice of being able to get married, And inspire any and everyone with my story and show that others can do what I do, And that meaning be happy, make goals and Achieve them.

What would you do if you weren't involved in entertainment?

RLR: I Would love to still be apart of the entertainment industry even behind the scenes, It's my life. but one day I'd love to open up an Talent Agency.

What's in your iPod right now?

RLR: Wow, so many songs and Artist, Currently listening to (Iyaz "Replay", Ginette Claudette "Robot Girl", Nicki Minaj "Go Hard", Jayvon Phillips "Let It Go", Young Money "Bedrock", Lola Davis "All Over The World", Vali Porter "Escape", Snoop Dogg "I Wanna Rock", Jay-Z "Onto The Next One")

Any advice for those looking to pursue their goals and dreams?

RLR: OF COURSE! Stay persistent to your goals and Dreams! and love what you do because if you dont, why are you doing it?

Official Major Music Video For "The Loco" Coming Soon. I'll Keep You Updated On That


For More On Richie "Loco Menaj" Ruperto:
www.Twitter.Com/LocoNinja
www.Twitter.Com/LocoMenajMusic
www.Myspace.Com/Locito4life
www.Myspace.Com/LocoMusicOnline
www.Youtube.Com/Locito4life

0 comments:

Post a Comment