Recent Posts

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Through the Photographer’s Lens




Welcome to Through the Photographer's Lens.

In this week's post I thought I would talk about something I observed while leaving a business meeting. I was leaving a rather promising meeting with a very well known producer and waiting to get on the elevator. When the doors opened I noticed that there was a nice looking young lady dressed in a cat suit and opened over coat. Now, because I was able to record the entire image and outfit in one mental shot, I noticed that above one of her breasts, through her outfit I could make out a small rectangle which seemed to have a thin rubber band around it. I thought back to when my grandmother and great grandmother used to keep large sums of cash stuffed into their bras. Naturally I found this to be funny and began to smile publically and laugh out loud internally. Not so much because this seemingly young lady was stashing enough money to require a rubber band into her bra, but at the fact that she chose to do so while wearing a cat suit. Did she not think that it would be seen by people as they walked by in the streets? The intellectual in me said well maybe she is conducting a social experiment to see how many people would notice the large wad of cash waving hello to the oncoming masses from the top of her chest and compare the number to how many people would notice she was wearing a cat suit and open over coat in 14 degree New York weather. Whatever the case I hope she only got the responses she was looking for.

I realize that for many fashion and/or the need for attention can drive your fashion choices, but do you believe that what we wear in public determines what people think of us? What do you think?



Rahim Baskett
Photographer
MindSoulVision Photography
Url: http://www.mindsoulvision.com/
Email: Rahimb@mindsoulvision.com




0 comments:

Post a Comment