Recent Posts

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Limitless

Only as high as I reach can I grow, only as far as I seek can I go, only as deep as I look can I see, only as much as I dream can I be.
-Karen Ravn

What's the one thing that prevents us from striving for more and/or the very thing that's non-existent when striving for what we want most?

Limit(s)

When had the opportunity to really sit down and think about limit(s) and causation, the result, whether desired or not comes down to two things: the ability do to more or the ability to do less.

So with that in mind, what does limitation mean to you and how does it effect your life? dreams? goals? Are you doing all you can or not nearly enough?


...which brings me to my next set of thoughts.

When recently making preparations to setup, interview and compile the next series of featurettes for the blog I happen to come across someone whose limits know no end. However what's most interesting is that our next feature has realized this early on in life. Not only am I impressed by her talent, ability, and gift but also very much impressed by mindset of rising star, Tommi Williams.

Originally from Detroit, Michgan, Singer/Actress, now California resident Tommi Williams had her start at the age of two. From the moment Tommi was able to utter words, music was and still very much is something a part of her. "I started singing around the house," she recalls. Yet it wasn't until her parents bought a karaoke machine at the age of four that Tommi recognized her aspiration to sing. "I'd be singing in the morning before school, after school, and before going to bed. I loved it!" Tommi exclaims.

Fully aware of the direction she wanted take her life, Tommi told her parents she wanted to become a professional singer."So they [parents] looked for places I could sing...and my first time performing in public was at Hart Plaza in Detroit. Since then I loved singing in front of people" she says.



According to Tommi, "One of the main things I love about performing is that I can inspire people. I love to help people and make them happy and when I perform, it also inspires me to keep working hard and keep working on making on making myself better at my craft."

With already a number of National TV show appearances from New York to California under her belt, commericals and some top secret projects on the way, Tommi Williams is definitely someone look out for. She's captivating minds and hearts everywhere.

For more on Tommi Williams:

http://www.tommiwilliams.com/
http://youtube.com/tommiwilliamstv

0 comments:

Post a Comment