Recent Posts

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

WBM Features: Brandon Carter



The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination.
-Tommy LaSorda


WBM Features Rapper/Producer, Brandon Carter. Born and raised on the South side of Chicago to then transition to Washington D.C. Brandon attended Howard University. While in the east, Brandon pursued his musical career with great determination. His efforts thus far, aren't anything to take lightly. Notable performances include, opening up for Kanye West, Fabolous, LL Cool J and T.I to name a few.

Outside of his musical endevours, Brandon has also branched out into modeling. He has had opportunity to model for likes of Sean John, Puma, Nike, and Akademicks. Thru the ups and downs in his life, Brandon has never stopped-- neither has his growth.

Take a minute and get to know Brandon Carter.




[As Told To Why Blue Matters]



So what project are you working on now?

BC: I'm promoting my new album "Never Give A F%#k". It's free at www.BrandonCarter.com

What are your goals for 2010?

BC: my goals for this year are to get more fans and do a lot more shows.

Introduce yourself to the people who already dont know who you are
Lets start off with letting us get to know the real you.


BC: I am Brandon Carter. Im a rapper/prodecer born and raised on the South Side Of Chicago. I make ALL my own beats!!! If Kanye West, Kurt Cobain & R-Kelly all got high as HELL & made and album, I am what it would sounds like.

So whats your birth name? What's the difference between the real you and your stage persona?

BC: My birth name is Brandon Carter. There is no difference between the real me and my stage persona, we are on it the same.

How long have you been in the game?

BC: I been rapping, making beats, and playing instruments for as long as I can remember, I have been doing it seriously for 6 years.

What's your greatest accomplishment so far in life?

BC: Greatest accomplishment so far in life is not being killed or in jail. everyday that I wake up not dead or in jail I am happy.

What's your ultimate goal in life?

BC: To have a long career as a musician.

What do you like most about being in the business?

BC: Sharing my art with people. I dont really give a fuck about money and fame. I can get money doing anything. I do this shit cuz I want to share this hot shit with the world, Haha.

What's the thought process behind your works?
...from personal experience?


BC: Life gives me ideas.

...mere creativity?

BC: Most rappers collect beats then write songs to them. I make my own beats and write the song at the same time. that way the beats influence the lyrics and the lyrics influence the song. It's more of a partnership.

What inspires and motivates you?

BC: ART!! I do it for the art. I been getting money and girls all my life. I do it for the love of the art only.



How was life changed for you since being you started?

BC: Just got more fans.

What would you be doing now, if you never started doing music?

BC: I would write and direct films and videos. Me and my cousin / manager, @ChicagoGee, have been directing/editing my videos ourselves. I'm starting to it more and more.

What are you listening to in your ipod these days?

BC: Hahaha, R-Kelly TP2.

...Why?

BC: Cuz its the best R&B album ever! lol.

What has been your favorite job you've done so far?

BC: Drug dealer.

What are you currently working on?

BC: My next mixtape. IT will drop it in September.

Does any negativity from the media ever affect you in anyway?

BC: No, I dont give a fuck about what anybody thinks/says about me. I wipe my ass with the opinions of others.

Any advice for those looking to pursue their dreams?

BC: GO FOR IT!!! dont let anyone tell you you can't... including yourself

What do you want to be remembered by?

BC: I want my tombstone the read "Gotdamn! This dude right here made some of the hottest shit EVER!"

Anything else you would like the world to know about you?

BC: Download my new album "Never Give A F%#k" for free at www.BrandonCarter.com


For More On Brandon Carter:
http://www.BrandonCarter.com
http://www.youtube.com/BrandonCarterTV
http://www.myspace.com/brandoncartermusic
http://twitter.com/BCarterMusic

0 comments:

Post a Comment