Recent Posts

Saturday, August 29, 2009

UnDezCovered

Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.
-Abraham Lincoln


At times, it seems the work put toward obtaining goals and dreams are fruitless. We work and work and work some more, not realizing the seeds we sow move us closer to where we need to be. The easy thing would be to give up. You can't, especially if that's not what what your intentions are. However, where hard work meets a focus mind, the combination results in bountiful harvest of success.


Take Texas native, Deziree Ramirez for example. She since an early age knew that in order to get what others don't she had to do what others won't to acquire success. With just as much experience as she has had success, Deziree is just getting started. The hustle never stops, neither will Ms. Ramirez.


[As Told To Why Blue Matters]


So Tell Me A Little About Yourself:

Well, I'm 26 years of age and I am Persian, British and Mexican. I live here in Dallas, Texas, but was born in Amarillo, Texas.

Interests
:

When I'm not modeling, I love to read. : ) I love playing all sports, shooting hoops, and just anything that contains the outdoors since I'm from West Texas. I grew up a wild child, meaning I was always outside doing adventurous things.

What do you like most about being a model?

I love meeting new people. I have come across many people in different industries that I have worked with, including artists like Kurupt, Slim Thugg, Gemini, Chingo Bling and the list goes on. As far as Modeling & Fashion Industry there is no where to start. I have worked with so many people. I also love to travel. I have been to many nice places, although when I get lonely from being on the road, I write to all my fans that take the time out to keep me busy with fan mail.

What Inspires You?

All my fans. Sometime, I tend to forget that I am a model when I am just having some personal time-- and if a fan sees me they begin to start a conversation and wanting to know more about me and of course if I can give them my autograph. So yeah, that sometimes makes me feel like Woah. I am so grateful to everyone who has stuck with me through this journey.

How long have you been involved in modeling?

I started off Modeling when I was 14. At the time I was living in Amarillo, TX and I was then signed on with a Modeling Agency in Dallas by the name of Kick 277. At the age of 18, I began modeling professionally in New York with Internationally known Ford Models, and soon left for an internship for my Grandfather's clothing line.

I understand you're a fashion designer, please do tell...

Yes, I began working for my Grandfather's fashion line entitled, "Cache" and "Lillie Rubin." My Grandfather was the founder of the line and soon sold the line to a managment company. After my Grandfather's passing, I began working on my own line, something that was indescribable.

How have you been able to balance what you do?

Now that is where the name Undezcovered came in. Being in two successful industries is hard to give both the 100% that you have to. Fashion is a year round process and my modeling career is based on how much I wanna do. This year I have released 2 workout DVD's and been on promotional tour twice, launched my home line that is being featured at Bed Bath And Beyond Locations and will be featured in Playboy for the 6th time in October, then a following issue in February. So I stay very very busy!

Biggest Accomplishment?

Being where I am today. It took me many years to be able to acheive all these goals that I set my mind to conquer.

Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?

I am the type of person that lives day by day. You never know what tomorrow will bring. We'll just have to see.

Any future projects?

Yes, I would love to start acting. I have already been on the small screen and been on MTV's Room Raiders, MTV's NEXT, Elimidate, Prison Break and Without A Case. I also started shooting my reality TV show with the Oxygen Channel but that was pulled off the air due to personal matters.

What type of impact would you like to leave?

I would just like to let everyone know no matter what race, sex, or whatever life you choose, you can be the best at everything as long as you have faith and never take anything for granted.

Any advice for those who would like to pursue their modeling aspirations?

Enjoy life each day as a new adventure awaits you and conquer the Journey you were set to do. If there are times where it gets hard, find a different route to cross the path but make sure it's the path to Victory.


For More On Deziree Ramirez:

1 comments:

Karl Louis said...

Remove this photo. There is no "Deziree Ramirez".
More info: http://karllouis.blogspot.com/2014/06/who-fk-is-deziree-ramirez.html

Post a Comment