Recent Posts

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Making Music Feel Good Again

Music and rhythm find themselves into the secret places of the soul.
-Plato


If talks of music losing its substance and the ever famous, "where are all the good artist at ?" are frequent topics of discussion, here's someone whose music is worth having a conversation or several about.

Representing The Lone Star State, is the lovely, talented and beautful (singer/songwriter/model) Yhai Portier. What she brings to music is something, in my opinion that only a handful of artist, male and female alike can. Not only does Yhai make music but she makes it feel good again.


[As Told To Why Blue Matters]

Tell me a lil bit about yourself?

Yhai Portier is a POP artist that writes and composes her own music. I am a model at times and an actress at other times. I am a woman of Character and a woman of Faith working in the field of my dreams.

Interests?

My interests are very different from one to another. I love spiritual things, reading spiritual books, and anything dealing with the realm of the prophetic. I love to cook Soul Food and Italian dishes. My specialty is PEACH COBBLER. Hmm! I love to SING and WRITE (of course ) and meet new people!

What can you most attribute your songstress ability to?

My songstress ability is a talent from God. He gave it to my parents and gave it to me. It's a blessing. Both my parents sung. My father had a singing group and my mother wrote songs!

What do you like most about being a singer/songwriter?

With singing, it has to be, being able to transfer the emotion of what I put into singing a song unto the listeners, so they feel me. With songwriting, I love the creativity and the imagination that is put into writing every song!

What's the thought process behind your works?

First part my surrounding. I'm a good listener, that's part of being a good friend, so definitely personal experiences from myself and others play a big part. My 1st single "Bad Girl" is about me transforming into a vampire after being bit then hunting for the 1st time; that was mere imagination and wanting to be different!

What inspires and motivates you?

My inspiration is and always will be Michael Jackson. My motivation is making Great Music all the time!

How long have you been involved in music?

At 3 or 4, before I even started school, I was performing in the front yard. When I began school, I became involved in whatever involved music-- from Dance to Theater!

What type of impact would you like to leave with your music?

I want people to be able to listen to my music for times to come and enjoy and know I gave my all every time!

What would you do if you weren't involved in music?

I'm in music and music is in me. It opens the hearts of the listener. I want to be an example of giving and love, my example Christ, to help as many people less fortunate as I can.

Future Projects ?

Look for my upcoming POP/Soul Album title "Anonymous." My 1st single "Bad Girl" is in rotation on (www.party934.com) and 104.5 in Hudson Valley,NY with Blast DJ Kris style and 88.1 Maryland with DJ Nominal, The EL LOCO Show and K.I.F. 97.8 FM Brussels, in Belgium with DJ Emiliot,Vinz and DJ Oneted. The Coast 2 Coast Remix featuring a list of Hip-Hop artists, Kal J of Indianapolis, IN Jae Swizz and Speez of Houston,TX, Mista Encore of New Jersey, ClifSoulo of Oakland,CA, Snake of Las Vegas, Nevada and Affiliated Soldierz of Houston, TX. Look 4 my upcoming feature in PowerPlayersMagazine as well as Collabs with JUMZ of New York, Jae Swizz of Houston and I'm featured on "The Last Gentleman" Mix tape with Blast DJKrisstyles and there's an upcoming Hip-Hop Remix of "Bad Girl" by DJ GoodGrief of Houston, TX!

Advice for Vocalists/Lyricists ?

Vocalists: Need to perfect their craft with practice. Learn the best way to keep your voice strong, different techniques work for different vocalists.

Lyricists: Never be afraid to speak the Truth, there is but one, like a seed planted, your truth will blossom in its due season!

For more on Yhai Portier:


0 comments:

Post a Comment