Recent Posts

Monday, August 31, 2009

Beyond Giving

Service is the rent we pay for living.
-Marian Wright Edelman


In life, we're generally only doing one of two things; either we're making deposits or we're making withdrawals. And as we experience more, I strongly recommend recognizing which one of the two you potentially do the most of. However, what happens when personal withdrawals get used to make deposits into the lives of others?

Now that's food for thought, and serving it up is no other than Georgia's own Christin Alexis. She time and time again, gives and gives tirelessly with no expectation of something in return. It's her contribution to the world. It's also something she's very passionate about. Christin gives like she breathes. Who she is, is because of what she gives.

Here, kindly with some of her time to give, Christin Alexis shares a little bit about her and some of the positive things she has going on.



[As Told To Why Blue Matters]




So tell me a little bit about yourself: Interest(s)?

CA: I was born and raised in Atlanta, my mother worked in the travel industry. So from the ages of 8 to 16 I lived in North Carolina, Florida, and Tennessee. I felt like an army brat, we traveled so much but I’m grateful and I appreciate those experiences that I had, because it enables me to embrace diversity. I love diversity & I like a challenge; as long as I’m being challenged and I’m learning something new I’m interested. But to name a few of my general interest, I like to travel, read, shop & spend time with my family and friends. And Volunteering, I love it.

What do you like most about being involved in PR?

CA: The interaction, I wake up everyday not knowing whom I’m going to meet, which happens to people in everyday life anyway. I get such gratification in helping and networking with other and being involved in PR enables me to do that. My quote that I live by or at least one of them I have two that I read and say everyday but the one that best describes me would be “Service is the rent we pay for living”. Being a PR requires a lot of service. You’re serving, meeting and helping people everyday and most of all I’m learning.

Please give some insight into BUJI Girl PR

CA: BUJI Girl PR is a Public Relations Firm based out of Atlanta. We also have partners in New York and Los Angeles as well. We specialize in Fashion, Entertainment & Luxury Brands.

What inspires you?


CA: So many different people inspire me. I know that things have to change in this world, & I can help change them, that in itself is an inspiration. The Future of our world, our youth they inspire me on so many levels. I feel like if I’ve helped someone else then I’ve helped myself. I feel like if I can just make this place down here called earth a little better then I’m happy.

What from your experience have you learned?

CA: I’ve learned that it’s not the number of years you live in your life; It’s the life you put into those years. People often say live each day as if it were your last, well I can’t do that. I just have to make a commitment to make a lifestyle & behavioral change and be a little better today than I was yesterday. That’s all I can do and realize that I too am learning and growing more each day.


Where do you see yourself 5 yrs from now?

CA: In Atlanta, having a few offices for Xtin Alexis Enterprises throughout the country, possibly 1 overseas. Definitely having a family of my own, CURE worldwide, as well as my fashion firm. Continuing to change lives and help people one day at a time.

I understand you have a foundation called CURE, can you tell some info?

CA: CURE Foundation is my non-profit based out of Atlanta. We don’t just support one cause, were not a charity, we are an actual foundation. People ask me the difference between the two, when you create and make a foundation that’s just the base, you build it strong & firm so that it’s able to hold & support any and everything that you desire to put into it. It’s like when you are building a house, they don’t just lay cement and lay wooden planks around and say okay, here’s your house. The builder builds up & out. It’s not just one room in the house, you have several and each room serves a different purpose. It’s the same thing with CURE Foundation; our foundation supports many different charities/causes.

Any future projects?

CA: I have many, into addition to BUJI Girl PR, CURE Foundation, Crawford & Rowe (my fashion firm), I’m in works now to open up a chain of luxury resorts, hotels & restaurants throughout the country and overseas (ChrisChandler Properties). I want to open a few homeless shelters, schools, which all of these will give a certain percentage to CURE and enable CURE to help others. These are just a few goals I have for Xtin Alexis Enterprises.

Any advice for those pursuing their PR or Philanthropic endeavors?

CA: I’m a PR & a philanthropist because it’s my passion. When you do what you love it doesn’t seem like work. So my advice is search and find the thing(s) that you’re passionate about and start working on them. You can know what you want without knowing who you are, while in the process of achieving what you want find out who you are; some of your wants will change. Just know that there is no goal beyond your reach. When you enjoy what you do, the desires of your heart will be granted, whether its’ fame, fortune or even money. In do time they will come!

0 comments:

Post a Comment