Recent Posts

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Dedicated

I know the price of success: dedication, hard work, and an unremitting devotion to the things you want to see happen.
-Frank Lloyd Wright


Breaking the cycle of stereotypical musical trends, a new breed of MC performing live with a live band and not just a dj standing behind him is what allows our next feature to stand out amongst a crowd.

Doey Rock is defining hip hop all the glory as well as consequences of being a hustler by keeping it real and also wanting to be remembered as being a man of his word. Take a glimpse of the life of Doey Rock who's paving the way for other rappers in the game and putting the West coast back on the map.

[As told to Why Blue Matters]

How long have you been in the game?


Officially 2005, thats when i dropped my first studio album "soul on fire"

What's your greatest accomplishment so far in life?

In Life, being a father and not just a sperm donor. Not thats its not what I'm supposed to do but more so because I wasnt taught that. My Dad was just that... a sperm donerI've reversed many of the bad habit I was taught.

Tell us a little bit about yourself: Interest(s)? What's your ultimate goal in life?

I love to write, I'm a poet first before I ever wrote a song I wrote poems. I would sit in my window on Bellini in Elder Creek and write poems about how I didnt want to feel any of the pain I seen. Bums, Pimps, Hoes, Gangs, Drugs Etc my ultimate goal in life became evident early.... To never grow old in the ghetto.

What do you like most about being in the business?

The freedom of expression. The free stuff is nice too haha.

What's the thought process behind your work ? - from personal experience ? - mere creativity?

Both. I try to be creative as possible at the same time make sure it really is my life I'm talking about. On my new album I say " All the denzeln' and will smithn' kill it/ unless the movie check come w/ it get it ?"Thats the long winded way to say we need to stop frontin/actin. Jus be you and people will love u more.

What inspires and motivates you?

First and foremost, my little me's they mean everything to me. Hip hop inspires because I see a void of reality. I try and tell both sides of the story. The glory and the consequences the hustle has to offer. I want kids from the gutter to dream again.

How was life changed for you since being you started as a rapper?

It hasnt. I havent made enough of an impact for any fame or money to change me. I hope I can keep it humble and hungry as my star rises.

What would you be doing now, if you never started doing music?

Id still be involved in some form of expressive art... Painting, acting something.

What are you listening to in your ipod these days? -Why?

All my new songs. Two reasons. Number 1 I'm choosing which ones to use for my new album Mean Doe Green. Number 2 I have BARZ overload in my brain and if I dont listen to em over and over ill forget the words.

What has been your favorite job you've done so far?

The one I have now !

Does any negativity from the media ever affect you in anyway?

People say what they will I cant afford to worry bout things I cant control. I know me too well to stress.

Any advice for those looking to pursue their dreams?

Simple. Do It. Nothin will fall out the sky and land in your lap be pro active and stay visible.

What do you want to be remembered by?

Remembered by or for ? I want to be remembered for being a west coast legend in music. And the Father of the year every year. I want be rememberer for being a man of my word. The list goes on !

Anything else you would like the world to know about you?

Get to know my music do the whole catalog dont just judge me from one song. It gets deeper. Go hear New music @ doeyrock.blogspot.com - hit me @ twitter.com/drdoeyrock ! Be on the look out for Black Zeek and the rest of the i.N.D Air Force.... Much Love !!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment